This course covers the various types of common machinery, machine safe guards, and related OSHA regulations and procedures. Guidance is provided on the hazards associated with various types of machinery and the determination of proper machine safe guards. Course topics include machinery processes, mechanical motions, points of operation, control of hazardous energy sources (lockout/tagout),common OSHA machine guarding violations, and guarding of portable powered tools, conveyors, and robotics. Program highlights include the ability to recognize hazards and provide options for control and hazard abatement through machine safeguarding inspection workshops. Upon course completion students will have the ability to describe common machine hazards and sources of energy, identify resources for assisting with machine guarding issues, and determine methods of control and hazard abatement, and selection of appropriate machine safe guards.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- CSHO General Industry Certificate Program : Required
- PSSHF General Industry Certficiate Program : Electives
- PSSHF Maritime Certificate Program : Electives
- SHS Entertainment, Accommodations, & Gaming Certificate Program : Required
- SHS General Industry Certficiate Program : Required