This course covers the requirements for the establishment, maintenance, and monitoring of a respirator program.
Topics include: terminology, OSHA Respiratory Protection Standards, NIOSH certification, respiratory protection programs, and medical evaluation requirements. Program highlights include workshops on respirator selection, qualitative and quantitative fit testing, and the use of respiratory protection and support equipment. Upon course completion students will have the ability to identify and describe the elements of a respiratory protection program, the proper selection, use, and inspection of respiratory protection, protection factors, and evaluate compliance with OSHA Standards.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- CSHO Construction Certificate Program : Elective Option One, Elective Option Two, Elective Option Three
- CSHO General Industry Certificate Program : Elective Option One, Elective Option Two, Elective Option Three
- PSSHF Construction Certificate Program : Electives
- PSSHF General Industry Certficiate Program : Electives
- PSSHF Maritime Certificate Program : Electives
- SHS Construction Certificate Program : Electives
- SHS Fire Prevention & Life Safety Certficiate Program : Required
- SHS General Industry Certficiate Program : Electives
- SHS Industrial Hygiene Technician Certficiate Program : Required