In this course we present OSHA’s noise standards, properties of sound, noise-induced hearing loss, noise exposure control, selection and use of hearing protection, concepts of conducting sound level surveys and worker training. An effective written hearing protection program includes policies and procedures which the course participant will become familiar. Also covered are basic physics of sound and vibration, anatomy and physiology of the ear and the hearing process, effects of noise on hearing, monitoring, noise control engineering, selection and demonstration of hearing protective devices and the role of audiometric testing. At the conclusion of the course, the participant will understand properties of sound and its relationship to noise-induced hearing loss, hearing loss prevention, hearing protection policies.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- CSHO Construction Certificate Program : Elective Option One - Short Term, Elective Option Two - Short Term
- CSHO General Industry Certificate Program : Elective Option One - Short Term, Elective Option Two - Short Term
- PSSHF Construction Certificate Program : Electives
- SHS Construction Certificate Program : Electives
- SHS General Industry Certficiate Program : Electives
- SHS Industrial Hygiene Technician Certficiate Program : Required