This course covers the effective implementation of a company’s safety and health management system. Learning objectives address the seven core elements of an effective safety and health program and issues critical to each element’s proper management.
Core elements include: Management Leadership | Worker Participation | Hazard Identification and Assessment | Hazard Prevention and Control | Education and Training | Program Evaluation and Improvement | Communication and Coordination for Host Employers, Contractors and Staffing Agencies.
Class environment is interactive and facilitated by the lead instructor focusing on discussions, activities and workshops. Upon course completion, students will possess the knowledge to evaluate, develop and implement an effective safety and health management system for their employer.
Who should attend: Designed for the employer, business owner or manager designated with the responsibility to develop and maintain a safety and health program or system. Suitable for employees, employee representatives, safety leaders/committee members, HR and safety professionals responsible for improving the safety and health culture and best practices in the work place.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- CSHO Construction Certificate Program : Elective Option One - Short Term, Elective Option Two - Short Term
- CSHO General Industry Certificate Program : Elective Option One - Short Term, Elective Option Two - Short Term
- PSSHF Construction Certificate Program : Required
- PSSHF General Industry Certficiate Program : Required
- PSSHF Maritime Certificate Program : Required
- SHS Construction Certificate Program : Required
- SHS Fire Prevention & Life Safety Certficiate Program : Required
- SHS General Industry Certficiate Program : Required